Established in 1963, Older Americans Month (OAM) is celebrated every May. It’s a time for us to acknowledge the contributions and achievements of older Americans, and strengthen our commitment to honoring our older citizens.
This year’s theme is Aging Unbound. It explores a wide range of aging experiences and recognizes the importance of enjoying independence and fulfillment by paving our own paths as we age.
Here are some ways we can participate in ‘Aging Unbound’:
· Embrace the opportunity to change. Find a new passion, go on an adventure, and push boundaries by not letting age define your limits. Invite creativity and purpose into your life by trying new activities in your community to bring in more growth, joy, and energy.
· Explore the rewards of growing older. With age comes knowledge, which provides insight and confidence to understand and experience the world more deeply. Continue to grow that knowledge through reading, listening, classes, and creative activities.
· Stay engaged in your community. Everyone benefits when everyone is connected and involved. Stay active by volunteering, working, mentoring, participating in social clubs, and taking part in activities at your local senior center or elsewhere in the community.
· Form relationships. As an essential ingredient of well-being, relationships can enhance your quality of life by introducing new ideas and unique perspectives. Invest time with people to discover deeper connections with family, friends, and community members.
Dates for Your Calendar
Come see us at the 50+ Expo being held at Switchyard Park Pavilion on May 10th from 3pm-6pm. We’ll also have a giveaway going on, so make sure you stop by our booth!
We were sad to say goodbye to Katie, our Warehouse Supervisor, as she departs to have her baby! We’re wishing her all the best during this exciting time and are so grateful for the fun energy she brought to the CID Warehouse.
We’ve welcomed in Rebekah who will be taking over the Supervisor role – welcome Rebekah! See below for some new sales times and events.
We also have a phone number dedicated for the warehouse now, so if you want to reach out with warehouse specific enquiries, you can do so on (812) 318-7052.
Every Wednesday 12pm – 4pm
Every Friday 9pm-2pm
Run for The Roses Sale: May 6th 8am-1pm
Items with a rose will be marked down by up to 50%
May 20th 8am-1pm
[Our warehouse is located at 3170 S Walnut St, Bloomington, 47401]
Do you have good quality furniture that you’re looking to sell? Consider It Done can help! Selling your merchandise is easy:
1. Send an email to email@example.com requesting a consignment selling packet.
2. Send photos of consignment items to firstname.lastname@example.org. If more than 10 items call our office 812-320-7537 to request an appointment.
3. CID will notify you of accepted consignment items. Arrangements will be made regarding pick-up ordelivery of items to our warehouse. Once you have submitted photographs of your items, please allow up to 4 business days for a response.